A very good friend of mine made this for tea – it was delicious, and I cheekily asked for the recipe so I could share it with all of you! It’s better made the night before, as with most dishes like this, to allow the flavours to develop.
To make it look super amazing, she served it in a baked tortilla with a side salad, roasted butternut squash and falafel….
Jack the Fox’s Veggie chilli
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic finely chopped.
- 1 tin of mixed beans in chilli sauce (for ease)
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 500g chopped mushrooms (chestnut)
- 1/2 tsp of chilli flakes
- 1/4tsp of celery salt.
- Veg stock cube
- Chopped coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Sautee the onions and garlic in olive oil in a saucepan
- Add the mushrooms and lightly cook
- Add the chopped tomatoes, mixed beans, chilli flakes, celery salt and salt and pepper
- Cook ingredients for 10-15 minutes (or until thick chilli texture)
- Mix in fresh coriander
Serve in a baked flour tortilla basket (tortilla baked in a dish in the oven to form a basket shape). Sprinkle cheese on top to melt.