This is a real crowd pleaser, easy to do & everyone will think its taken you ages!!
Total time 1.5 hours – but this is mostly chilling time!
10-15 mins prep.
- 300g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 200g butter, melted
- 2 lemons, juice & zest
- 4 tablespoons icing sugar
- 500g Mascarpone cheese
- half a jar of lemon curd
You will need 1 x 9 inch spring sided tin (or loose bottom will suffice). If you don’t have a food processor, you will also need a blunt wooden object, such as a rolling pin.
- Either place the biscuits into a food processor and mix to crumbs, or place into a sturdy bowl & use the end of your rolling pin to bash to bits!! I use the latter and it works well.
- Melt the butter and stir into the biscuits, it will look like wet sand. Tip into the spring sided tin and press in firmly using the back of a spoon. Put into the fridge to set.
- Place the mascarpone, lemon juice, zest and icing sugar into a bowl and mix well, at first it will just slide around the bowl, but stick with it!!
- Add about half the jar of lemon curd to the top of the set biscuit base- some crumbles will probably pull up as you spread but that doesn’t matter.
- Add the cheesy to the top of the base – spread evenly.
- Place in the fridge to set for 45-60 mins.
- Remove side of tin. Base should be set firm enough for you to slide onto a nice serving plate.
- If you’re feeling adventurous decorate with chocolate leaves or crystallised lemon pieces.