I love this because of its simplicity, when you really can’t be bothered, it’s quick & easy with maximum result. It’s only as difficult as the veg you chose to use. When making any pasta sauce I tend to use plum tomatoes because I like the big chunks of tomato, but if you prefer chopped, that’s fine too.
- 1 tin plum tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- Choice of veg such as; red pepper-chopped, chestnut mushrooms, olives, courgette. (Use quick cook veg)
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tin of tuna in brine or spring water.
- 1 ball mozzarella
1. Place a pan of water onto boil for the pasta (enough for 2-3 people).
2. Place the tinned tomatoes into a pan with the purée, heat a gently and add your choice of veg. Bring to a gentle simmer and allow to cook for 5 mins.
3. Add your pasta to boiling water and cook as per guidelines on packet (Or 1 min under as will finish in the oven).
4. Drain and add the tin of tuna to the tomato sauce mix. Breaking up any big lumps.
5. Once cooked, drain the pasta.
6. Add the basil to the sauce and stir pasta into the sauce.
7. Pour into an oven prove dish and top with torn pieces of mozzarella. Bake on a moderate heat for around 10-15 mins, or until the cheese has melted.