Brussels Sprout Curry
Brussels sprouts – 250g
Carrots- medium size – 2
Indian spices –
- cumin seeds
- mustard seeds
- cayenne pepper
- ground coriander
- fresh chilli
1 1/2 tbsp chickpea flower
1. Peel and wash Carrots. Slice into sticks.
2. Slice Brussels into quarters and wash and mix carrots.
3. Heat 6 tablespoons of Sunflower oil in a frying pan.
4. Once oil hot, put in ½ teaspoon of cumin and mustard seeds.
5. Once cumin seeds gone brown and mustard seeds popped add the Brussels and Carrots.
6. Add 1 teaspoon of turmeric,
Add ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
Add 1 ½ teaspoon of salt, grinded powder of coriander and cumin seeds
1 ½ teaspoon of fresh chilli
1 teaspoon of fresh ginger
½ teaspoon of fresh garlic
7. Stir the masala and cover with a lid and let cook on a medium heat until Brussels and carrots are cooked, ensuring stirring occasionally. Will be cooked in under 10 minutes
8. Once cooked add 1 ½ tablespoon of Chickpea flour and let cook for an further 5 minutes uncovered over a medium heat. This makes the Brussels and Carrots chargrilled and crispy.
9. Now completely cooked add garam masala and fresh coriander.